Monday, March 30, 2009

So Sorry....

Another "Re" word.

I hereby apologize to the following:

1) My hairdresser. Despite the fact that you are a great beautician, I will not be able to come to the salon for a haircut on a regular basis anymore.
2) My dog groomer (and my dog). Sorry, no more monthly "poufs" for my dog; maybe every 4 months or so from now on.
3) The local Italian restaurant (or any other restaurant, for that matter). Sorry, no more pizza take-out, Saturday burritos, or special holiday treats for me.
4) Various charities. Sorry, Sister Alice Mary at St. Vincent's Meals on Wheels. I will no longer be able to contribute. Sorry, Cancer Society, etc. I'm tapped out for now.
5) Ralph's Supermarket. Don't expect me to spend as much on groceries this year. I will be making more things from scratch and will be buying cheaper items, such as lentils.
6) Any other retail establishment, local or nationwide, at which I normally spend my disposable income.

You see, I have no more disposable income. I have just received, along with all other employees at my company, a REDUCTION in salary.

Therefore, the "Re" word of the week is REDUCE. I know all of you count on your customers, but many of your customers are getting their salaries reduced and/or losing their jobs, thanks to the corporate financial wizards. I guess you all will have to reduce your spending, too. Since you may be customers (or may be customers of customers) of my company, I hope this doesn't come back to bite them.

Happy Monday, Paycheckers.

No comments: